7/15/2009

Repro Divas - Show and Tell

This month's project was to try our hands at hand piecing:




The quilts and blocks above are all hand pieced. Most said that they truly enjoyed assembling blocks by hand...that it was a nice release from the machine.

Further Show and Tells:


This big guy (at least seven inches across) is a Moda freebie:





This is made from one yard of the strippy fabric from Marcus Brothers' American Patriot:


Uh oh! One member has gotten several galloping pony patterns. They are so lush! And she is working on this tote bag:

12 comments:

ranette said...

Hand stitching is so calming sometimes. Very beautiful projects and I love the big pincushion as well.

Karen said...

A good idea for all to try the hand piecing. The Tumbling Block quilt is my favorite but I see many other projects that I like also. Thanks for sharing everyone's projects.

Lori said...

Love the quilts. I don't do any hand piecing, but I could see how it would be enjoyable.

MJinMichigan said...

Your class looks like lots of fun! Hand piecing is relaxing. I haven't done much of it in quite a while but once hand pieced an entire queen-size quilt, borders and all.
Thanks for showing the prairie flower pincushion. I think I may need to make one for myself.

Tazzie said...

OMG Karen, so much eye candy once again. I'm just loving those tumbling blocks - seriously, I need to make some. Where are those extra hours I stashed away ...
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Gretchen said...

Wonderful show n tell! The handpiecing is great!

YankeeQuilter said...

A bit of handwork is very calming...love the photos!

Libby said...

I've been hungry to try on hand piecing for size (something other than EPP) Thanks for the inspiration. I always love your show-and-tell posts.

Anonymous said...

I learned to piece by hand with cereal cartons as my templates. Your show and share was fantastic! I had no idea of the FREE pincushion pattern. Thanks for sharing.

~Niki~ said...

that top pic looks like a prim xmas tree.

Marilyn Robertson said...

All of the quilts are beauties, but I have to admit, I love the Tumbling Blocks the best!

MARCIE said...

That bottom one is yours isn't it? At first glance I see eyeballs!