7/06/2009

Further Reduction

Hot Dog, two more finishes. These both date to the fateful 2005, the year that I could not resist making five versions (blended, blue and white, batiks and friends, main colorway, and browns) of the monthly Second Saturday Sampler block, which oddly enough, resulted in five UFOs. But this takes care of the blended:

and the batiks, which I attempted to make look Amish via the setting:

and the pile reduces...
The next one has part of its binding attached by hand, so I will have to continue in that vein. This may take a while.

Rembrandt, looking like a gazelle on the veldt:

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love blended quilts and all the different styles are really nice. I *can't imagine* making the same quilt five times! There are lots I'd like to see that way but I don't have the patience. Good for you for getting it done.

Jeanne said...

I think Rembrandt is amazed with your two latest finishes. LOL Congratulations on the great quilts.

Christine said...

Lol, Rembrandt is a hoot! Congrats on tackling the UFOs. Always makes you feel good doesn't it?

Karen said...

Do you mean that the initial sewing of the binding was by hand or after your attached by machine, you are stitching it down by hand. I always do mine that way.
Your pile is progressing well!

Julie-Ann said...

Good work. I got my little lady finished. Now she is off to be quilted. I have her pic on my blog.

Loris said...

These are great! I love the blended one especially. Lovely color choices and the Amish rendition is a great idea!

Mary Johnson said...

I'm impressed with your progress! I finally sewed some for the first time in almost 2 weeks.