10/05/2008

Dear Little Pet and "Log Cabin Settlement"

It is such a comfort to have a gentle, quiet, affectionate pet:


Got some wool batting and decided on backing for the Blooming Nine Patch. The wool batting feels great. Really looking forward to getting this quilt done and on the bed, but as you know, Jo Morton's Providence became available, so today I put off sandwiching BNP and made this wall quilt, called "Log Cabin Settlement", 21" square, from Jo fabrics, using Providence in the log cabins, the churn dash, and the paisley background:

Finally thought up a good use for the brown floral from Lucinda's Needle. I always just loved it, but had no idea where to put it. The pattern is available for this on my website.

**Rembrandt read a book! Please encourage him in his scholarly pursuits and thank you all for commenting!**

5 comments:

Robin said...

What a lovely little quilt! You do such gorgeous work. :)

Cornfield Quilter said...

Love the quilt! I received my FQ bundle of Providence on Saturday and will just admire it until harvest is over. Jo's fabrics just get better and better! :D

Quilt Enthusiast said...

I enjoy your creativity. The colors are lovely and it reminds me of Thanksgiving. I like the large scale
background print.

Karen said...

Wow! Love the Log Cabin Settlement.

Gretchen said...

I had to smile at those photos of Rembrandt!! Looks like he's about to start "rabbit kicking" LOL!

Your Log Cabin quilt is perfect for fall--what wonderful colors.